Thursday, May 29, 2014

Erasing Time

Review by Curry

by C.J. Hill


Genre: Science Fiction, Dystopian, Young Adult

Rating: Y

Content: Mild Violence

Summary:

Identical Twins, Sheridan and Taylor find themselves transported into the future and what they find is a very different world. Animals are extinct, religion is banned and almost no one speaks their language. Worst of all, they are stuck there with no way home and no one that they are sure that they can trust.  

Personal Review:

This book was quite enjoyable. It had things that I really really liked and others that I didn’t care as much about. What worked for this book is the world that the author created. It is fascinating and intriguing. I know that heyes loved that part too. I liked how the language had morphed over the years and now is a mixture of not quite english or spanish. I also liked the relationship between the sisters, it was realistic and sweet. This book also had some pretty funny parts. My favorite thing was probably how the sister’s spoke in sayings to confuse Jeth and Echo (That was super clever C.J. Hill!) I was also really drawn in by the girl’s convictions. I love a main character that has strong beliefs and holds firmly to them. That was very appealing to me.  The only thing that I did not care for very much was the romance parts of this book (which is usually something that I love.) However, I did not think that it was developed very well. It just kind of happened really fast, like: “I know we just met but... can I be your boyfriend?” (not an actual quote from the book) Haha. But other than that Erasing Time was really quite pleasant and fascinating. I recommend it.

- Curry

If you liked this you might also like:

Echo in Time by C.J. Hill
Academy 7 by Anne Osterlund
Matched by Ally Condie





No comments:

Post a Comment