Monday, July 21, 2014

The Kiss of Deception

Review by heyes


The Kiss of Deception
by Mary E. Pearson




Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy


Rating: Y


Content: Clean


Summary:
Lia is doesn’t want to marry a Prince she has never met just top form an alliance with a neighboring Kingdom so she runs away. She lives a normal and simple life. Two men show up simultaneously and Lia is attracted to both in different ways. She has no idea that one is the Prince she spurned and the other, an assassin sent to kill her.


Personal Review:
Warning this book just came out July 8th 2014, if you are not good at waiting for sequels maybe you should not start this book till the next one is out.
I rate this book clean but just so you know: One side character has a child out of wedlock and one of the main characters is an assassin. I still rate it clean because I don’t think any of the violence or intenseness is worse than that of The Chronicles of Pyrdain which is a book series suitable for elementary age kids. I really enjoyed this book. I thought what the author did with trying to confuse the reader as to who was the Assassin and who was the Prince was a cool idea. .But I am curious to read it again now that I know who is who. This is the first book in a series. I’m excited to see where the author goes from here. Also, I like that Lia does realize that maybe she should have thought a little more about consequences of her actions. I like her growth and that she learns that the words duty and tradition have been spouted to her her whole life for a reason.


-heyes


If you liked this you may also enjoy

-The False Prince by Jennifer Nielsen
-Midnight Thief by Livia Blackburne
-Aurelia by Anne Osterlund

No comments:

Post a Comment