Friday, November 14, 2014

Rapunzel Untangled

Review by Felicity

Rapunzel Untangled
by: Cindy C Bennett


Genre: Fractured Fairytales/Contemporary fiction


Rating: Y


Content: clean


Summary:  (from goodreads)
Rapunzel is not your average teenager. For one thing, she has a serious illness that keeps her inside the mysterious Gothel Mansion. And for another, her hair is 15 feet long. Not to mention that she’s also the key to ultimately saving the world from certain destruction. But then she meets a boy named Fane, who changes all she has ever known, and she decides to risk everything familiar to find out who she really is. Filled with romance, adventure, and mystery, Rapunzel Untangled is one story you won’t want to put down. Discover the true meaning of love and friendship in this modern twist to the classic fairytale.


Personal Review:

I have not read many if any versions of Rapunzel since I was a child. I remember vaguely tales from my childhood and the Disney version is most prominent in my mind. I read the authors note before the book and was reminded of the more original telling of this fairy tale, she pointed out that Rapunzel is an inherently dark tale. This book successfully modernized Rapunzel and gave me new insight into this fairy tale. This book is not Tangled, however I really enjoyed it and would read it again.

-Felicity

If you liked this you may also enjoy:

Golden by Cameron Dokey
My Fair Godmother by Janette Rallison
Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine

No comments:

Post a Comment