Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Northanger Alibi

Review by Felicity



by: Jenni James



Genre: Teen Fiction/Romance


Rating: Y


Content: Clean


Jenni James series of Jane Austen Diaries has taken Jane Austen's story lines and transplanted them into a modern day high school very successfully in my opinion.


Summary:  (from goodreads)
The Russo family and Seattle, Washington, are no match for Claire Hart and her savvy knowledge of all things vampire-related. Thanks to her obsession with the Twilight series, if there is anyone who would know a vampire when she saw one, it's Claire. And she's positive totally hot Tony Russo is a vampire - she just has to prove it!


In this modern retelling of Jane Austen's Northanger Abbey, follow Claire's hilarious journey on her first summer adventure away from home, where she learns everything isn't what it seems, and that in some instances, reality is way better than anything she'd ever find in a book.


Personal Review:
Thus far I have read three of the books from this series and surprisingly Northanger Alibi is my favorite. The main character is a Twilight obsessed teenager. I am not a fan of the Twilight Saga, however my love for Jane Austen far outweighs my dislike of Twilight. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I found myself laughing out loud throughout the book. If you have a friend or a daughter who is maybe a little too obsessed with Twilight then have them read this book and maybe it can help, either way they will love it. This book is fun, clean, and an easy read.

- Felicity


If you like this you may also like:


Pride and Popularity by Jenni James
Northanger Abby by Jane Austen
Austenland by Shannon Hale

No comments:

Post a Comment